Thanks, Scott

Story: 7 Sources of Free Sounds for Multimedia ProjectsTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
kenholmz

Aug 21, 2010
1:08 PM EDT
Thank you for posting this one. Although I am not a teacher by profession I do work with teachers, and I expect most of us know a teacher or two. I will be passing this information on as well as looking at it for myself.

I believe education would best be seen as important to all who value Linux and FOSS. Eschool news, http://www.eschoolnews.com reports that with federal monies being offered for education reform "experts" are swarming like cockroaches (they were less graphic). A news item lately indicated that only 24% of those taking the ACT scored high enough to indicate they are ready for college level study. Of course SAT fanbois....I'm kidding; just a little sophomoric humor. I sat for ACT and SAT in my time (no GRE though).

Education and FOSS definitely should share a place at the table.

Scott_Ruecker

Aug 21, 2010
5:43 PM EDT
I agree completely on FOSS and Education. There are more and more free resources for Teachers every day. Its integrating them into a lesson plan on a moments notice that is the fun part..;-)
Bob_Robertson

Aug 21, 2010
7:29 PM EDT
As a homeschooler, free is always appreciated.

I love Project Gutenberg.
Steven_Rosenber

Aug 22, 2010
1:29 PM EDT
Scott, this was a valuable story for me as well. I use Wikimedia Commons for images, but I hadn't thought about sounds available in the same way.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!