I found my geek Holy Grail: X over SSH on a Powerbook 1400

Story: I brought out the OpenBSD 4.7-stable laptop and ran the latest patchTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 30, 2010
2:01 PM EDT
Now that I've managed to run X over SSH with MacSSH to connect and MI/X as the X server on a 1995-era Powerbook 1400 running Macintosh System 7.6.1 in 48 MB of RAM, I can retire from useless geekery forever. (That means anybody in the L.A. area can come by and pick up my mid-'90s Sun 32-bit hardware/software collection).
caitlyn

Sep 30, 2010
8:17 PM EDT
All of my '90s era gear died by late last year. Still, I respect the idea of keeping the old stuff going so long as it can be useful in some way. Waste not, want not... and no need to fill up the landfill.
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 30, 2010
9:47 PM EDT
I just got rid of a 2002 box yesterday (Goodwill takes 'em). I'm keeping very little.
herzeleid

Oct 01, 2010
3:50 PM EDT
Hmm, I've still got a celeron with 128 MB RAM and a voodoo graphics card, running fedora core 1. - it actually ran quake 3 arena fairly well. Haven't powered it up in awhile. I wonder if it will still boot up...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!