outside the wall

Story: My iPod and/or Rhythmbox somehow convert(s) oggs to MP3Total Replies: 1
Author Content
tmx

Oct 22, 2010
1:24 AM EDT
It was Rhythmbox that was smart enough to convert it. As I mentioned before, my friend tried to create an MP3 CD with iTunes and it did not allow converting MP3 to AAC (though you could rip CD to mp3).

A story not exactly iPod, but iPhone which is somewhat related. Someone wanted me to help them upgrade their iPhone which required reformatting. iTunes doesn't allow moving the music from the iPhone to the computer. This is no sweat for linux so I just boot Ubuntu live from the microSD in my cellphone and got the job done.

Right now you can sync iPhone contacts to Google Sync and Ubuntu One, but I would like to see an elaborate GUI to do the job as well. Eventually it will be so compatible that people won't need to own a Windows or Mac computer to use an iPhone (Windows and Mac works as a conglomerate, they need each other to control the market). This should be another problem for Steve Jobs to deal with, on top of this Android competition. Maybe they'll use encryption by default to lock out the users, I don't own an iPhone to really care so much about it...

Also, you will hate me for saying this, but ....Rockbox is available for iPod if you want to try it.
Steven_Rosenber

Oct 22, 2010
12:13 PM EDT
Many people have mentioned Rockbox to me, and I just might give it a go.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!