It looks great.......but....

Story: Mass resignations from OpenOffice.org Total Replies: 4
Author Content
Ridcully

Nov 01, 2010
6:50 PM EDT
Yep.....IE is the winner - apparently. But in the back of my mind is the niggling question: How secure is IE compared to the other browsers ? So far, it's an unanswered question.
montezuma

Nov 01, 2010
7:50 PM EDT
Wrong response topic
tmx

Nov 01, 2010
8:53 PM EDT
I'll keep on the offtopic path. I can't see IE9 being much more secure. I used it, it has nicer interface and a bit faster, but seem like lots of underlining fundamentals is the same.

I know many here are conservative on sticking with Firefox and saying their newest version is faster. I use all 4 popular browsers on daily basis, but since Chromium don't have API to implement full NoScript like extension and now Opera has extensions. If there is going to be a fully working NoScript and Ghostery extension for Opera, I can't wait ditch Firefox.

But when you think about it xulrunner is so powerful. People be raving about Chromium OS, look at all the things you can do with Firefox with extensions, it is already a web OS. I wonder if there will be a Mozilla OS for mobile internet devices.
Ridcully

Nov 01, 2010
10:29 PM EDT
Oooooooops !!!! Sorry, as you say montezuma, I got the post on the wrong topic. Should have been the one comparing the browsers. Tracyanne has picked it up however and given some info on the right topic relevant to my top comment. That's my first major error for the day.....can only get better. :-) Call it galloping senility.
hkwint

Nov 01, 2010
10:36 PM EDT
Recently tried Midori, Opera from time to time, some Chrome, occasionally some Konqueror - in emergency situations links, but still on Firefox.

Possibly conservative, but it's the most functional; on all competing browsers 'things are missing'. That's the general trend when FF-users 'review' other browsers, it takes efforts to reach the same functionality / productivity if possible at all.

TMX response proves so.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!