Time to switch horses!

Story: Why Hulu Plus Sucks, and Why You Should Use It AnywayTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
herzeleid

Dec 17, 2010
3:23 PM EDT
I've been a netflix customer for years; they've recently announced a rate hike and a move to emphasize streaming video. I'm not too impressed with their streaming video options, which for us Linux users, basically amounts to "FOAD!"

On the other hand, Hulu unabashedly supports linux with a choice of browser-based access or a full-on linux client - and I can get hulu plus on my roku too. It's a no-brainer!

helios

Dec 17, 2010
8:35 PM EDT
Diane and I are on a one month trial subscription with Netflix but I have an ulterior motive. I don't have any plans to subscribe. I will just cancel my trial a couple of days prior to the signup date, stating my reasons for not subscribing is their lack of support for Linux. I will however probably subscribe to Hulu Plus. But really...the movies suck to the point of laughing...I mean really. They feature "Holiday in Handcuffs" as one of their movies on the front page?

Cheesy is ok as an occasional thing but they have the worst movie selection I've ever seen. Still, I will subscribe because I miss some of my favorite TV programs on a regular basis. That alone merits the reasonable subscription price.

Holiday in Handcuffs...?

Really?

h
tracyanne

Dec 17, 2010
9:10 PM EDT
Quoting:Holiday in Handcuffs...

Might be fun...
hkwint

Dec 20, 2010
12:58 PM EDT
But why would I need Netflix then? Besides it not being available in the EU.

I mean, I'm watching Holiday in Handcuffs in 480p for free on Youtube right now!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!