Fosdem 2011

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
jimbauwens

Jan 07, 2011
1:07 PM EDT
I'm thinking of going to FOSDEM, as I recently discovered that it is in my own country :-) Anyone else here going to FOSDEM?
hkwint

Jan 07, 2011
4:37 PM EDT
This year will be my fourth!

Last year, I went, made lots of notes on my pencil notepad (you know, paper made from wood!), made some photo's with my mobile phone (SE K800i) and the week after started banging out an article for LXer. But after covering two talks or so I was stuck, as I wanted to report everything far to elaborate. Two days FOSDEM is really tiring, especially if you have to drive all the way around Brussels and partly through it without PND, so I was too tired to write anything decent also. Sadly, Sander (Marechal) couldn't make it in 2010 so there was no coverage on LXer. Azerty-keyboards at the campus were also a nightmare (and I was not able to switch them to Dvorak, Ubuntu was locked down it seems), otherwise I might have done some coverage during the meeting. So please accept my apologies for going there for two long days, seeing great talks and not being able to share it with you LXer'ers who didn't go.

This year, I plan to do the articles more briefly.

Luckily, in 2009 we had excellent coverage. See: http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/115938/

If you want to help me writing reports of the 2011 talks for LXer, let me know, and maybe we can write an article for LXer together! I'll provide for a compact camera, anything better is welcome of course.

I'll try to wear my LXer badge (features LXer logo) so you can recognize me if you want.

Going there is an excellent decision, you won't regret it! OK, the ULB university is a little shabby IMHO, but it's about the contents and the people. And the fries (and baguettes) are pretty OK as well!

And if you go by car, don't park it in front of the embassies where the CD-signs are on the road because ULB's parking lot is full, or they might tow it...
jimbauwens

Jan 07, 2011
6:10 PM EDT
> made lots of notes on my pencil notepad (you know, paper made from wood!) Don't worry, you're not alone ;-)

>If you want to help me writing reports of the 2011 talks for LXer, let me know I sure would love to, but writing is not my best subject :) Maybe I can provide a netbook with a qwerty keyboard, so that you can write more comfortable. I will also take my HTC desire with me, as it has a 5mp camera.

>I'll try to wear my LXer badge (features LXer logo) so you can recognize me if you want. Sure I do! I'm going with the train, so I don't have to worry about parking =)

hkwint

Jan 08, 2011
1:06 PM EDT
Would be great!

PM me end January, and we can exchange details.
jimbauwens

Jan 08, 2011
2:50 PM EDT
Alright, I'll will do that.

Looks like it will be great over there. Can't wait to go :)

You cannot post until you login.