Does it work with netflix?

Story: Novell Updates Moonlight for Siliverlight 4Total Replies: 9
Author Content
Jeff91

Feb 16, 2011
7:37 PM EDT
Because if it doesn't it isn't even worth looking at IMO. Only major service I come relatively close to that is dumb enough to use silver light.

~Jeff
Bob_Robertson

Feb 16, 2011
7:58 PM EDT
I keep an XP install in VB for exactly that reason.
helios

Feb 16, 2011
8:16 PM EDT
@ Bob

+1

And I'm even considering closing my account. It's bad enough that there is no current Linux support...I've seen most of the decent movies that are stream-able...the rest are Hulu-type junk.
herzeleid

Feb 16, 2011
8:22 PM EDT
Um yeah, that's why I kicked netflix to the curb and signed up for hulu plus, in appreciation for their unabashed support of linux users.

Edit: I see where Roku just announced that the entire criterion movie collection will be streamable on hulu plus. I gather that means I can watch it on my linux desktop machines as well, since hulu is hulu.
Jeff91

Feb 16, 2011
10:03 PM EDT
@helios I can't believe you would support them!! :P

I have neglected signing up for an account for just this reason. Plus, well I don't keep any Windows in my house ;)

~Jeff
jdixon

Feb 17, 2011
7:32 AM EDT
> Plus, well I don't keep any Windows in my house ;)

Doesn't it get drafty? :)
helios

Feb 17, 2011
10:25 AM EDT
Diane likes some of the stuff on there and as we all know...if mama is unhappy, everyone is unhappy...if Daddy is unhappy, who cares?

I run XP on VB in the bedroom just to watch Hulu and Netflix before going to sleep...and fastpasstv.com if the servers are running decent that night.
dinotrac

Feb 17, 2011
11:06 AM EDT
@jdixon --

Might just get really stuffy.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 17, 2011
1:49 PM EDT
> Might just get really stuffy.

Never would anyone suggest that anyone around here is stuffy.
skelband

Feb 18, 2011
5:32 PM EDT
I watch Netflix on the Wii. I just find it more handy than the PC.

However, I find it bizarre that there is still no official Linux client, especially since I believe there is a Linux-based media box that does deliver it (name alludes me at the moment....)

Ah, yes Roku

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!