Subject line says it all..

Story: Dilbert, Office Space, and LayoffsTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
gewb

Mar 17, 2011
2:34 PM EDT
Subject line says it all.

As you posted, all is good. When one door closes another opens...just hope the closing door didn't hit you in the, well, you know.

Regards, GEWB
gewb

Mar 17, 2011
2:55 PM EDT
Hmm, the subject line didn't take -

"Welcome back" and "Sad to see you leave."

Regards, GEWB
Scott_Ruecker

Mar 17, 2011
2:56 PM EDT
I changed it to 'Subject line says it all.'. Hope that is ok.

helios

Mar 17, 2011
3:06 PM EDT
Having worked under the former regime at LXer, I have a fair idea of the work you put into your job. I have to be honest, the full page Microsoft ads that you had to close from time to time got a bit annoying but hey, if MS wants to pay for a Linux new site...take the signed check I say.

Now I have to change my keynote.,...to former editor of Linux Today...you're killin' me here.
joel

Mar 17, 2011
3:26 PM EDT
:)
kozmcrae

Mar 17, 2011
3:34 PM EDT
The FUDsters are never safe no matter where you are Carla.
d0ida

Mar 17, 2011
4:13 PM EDT
Carla, I look forward to your posts wherever they are.
GnuGuy

Mar 17, 2011
5:11 PM EDT
Same here, Carla. I always enjoy your straight-up, honest expression in your posts. I sincerely hope that this provides a more pleasant, more enjoyable opportunity.
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 17, 2011
5:59 PM EDT
Carla, the FOSS journalism beat is a tough one. Write more books (yeah, I know that's tougher, but ...)
w6bi

Mar 17, 2011
6:20 PM EDT
I've enjoyed both Linux Today, and your presence there, Carla - but remember what the Eagles said about writing about Open Source: "You can check out, but you can never leave!". Er - wait...

Orv
tuxchick

Mar 17, 2011
10:07 PM EDT
Thanks everyone! Freedom feels good, it does. I'm starting up my own publishing company to publish my own books, and a pleasing number of freelance gigs are landing on my lap. It sure does feel good to be valued as a writer again. That was in short supply back in PHB-land.
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 18, 2011
10:19 PM EDT
Publishing yourself is the way to go - more meat, more profit!

Amazon has a killer price on the Audacity book - my order is on the way.
xerfor

Mar 22, 2011
12:06 AM EDT
For non american speakers:

wikipedia:

Dilbert

Much of the humor emerges as the audience sees the characters making obviously ridiculous decisions that are natural reactions to mismanagement.

Thanks Carla, for letting us know.

Wish you the best.

forlux
Shattarack

Mar 25, 2011
12:12 PM EDT
I have always enjoyed your writing, and look forward to reading it here.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!