Glad you are back LXer

Story: Dilbert, Office Space, and LayoffsTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
jimlynch

Mar 20, 2011
4:12 PM EDT
Being laid off sucks but it can be quite liberating, indeed. I went through the whole process a couple of years ago when Ziff took the axe to ExtremeTech and basically killed the site. I hope that doesn't happen with the ones you were managing but, alas, corporate stupidity is what it is and you can't do much about it except press on and keep creating content.
helios

Mar 21, 2011
7:17 AM EDT
LT is dead...Long live LXer...
Bob_Robertson

Mar 21, 2011
7:51 PM EDT
Sure seems that way. Just checked, "No news."
BernardSwiss

Mar 21, 2011
8:39 PM EDT
'Ollee, 'ollee, oxen free! Glad to see you landed on your feet, Carla. I guess I'll be be spending my time here now, instead. Maybe I'll be better off. -- Maybe we'll both be better off ;-)
masinick

Mar 21, 2011
9:39 PM EDT
I think the whole landscape of forums, blogs, and other types of media has been undergoing change. For at least a year now, all of the forums that I participate in have sharply declined in the participation level. There are an awful lot of sites covering an awful lot of content. It makes me wonder if the "average person" is spending most of their time on Facebook, sending text messages, spreading their time across many different sources, or simply not being as active on the Internet?

If it is the last one, I can't blame people. I have to balance and monitor how much time I spend on various activities. Sometimes, forums that I enjoy have to take a back seat. I like to "rib" Jim Lynch every now and then to write more articles on one of his three tech sites, but let's face it, Jim, you, each one of us, each needs to balance the events in our lives and choose the activities that are most consistent with what is going on in our lives.

I'm glad there are at least a few decent forums left nevertheless!
tuxchick

Mar 21, 2011
10:55 PM EDT
Hi Bernard!! I hope you stick around, LXer is pretty cool and it would be great to see you here!

True Jim, and that is what I'm going to do. An itchy pox on bean-counting PHBs who know nothing, and have no idea how deep their ignorance runs.
Scott_Ruecker

Mar 21, 2011
11:24 PM EDT
Quoting:...Long live LXer...

;-)
helios

Mar 22, 2011
7:39 AM EDT
Just did my 6 AM obligatory check of LT and found that nothing has been updated in 4 days, although I had to click "Skip this ad" from Microsoft to find that out.

I'm not completely crushed by this though...this should, if anything, increase LXer readership a bunch. and yes, "a bunch" is a quantifiable measure...at least here in Texas.

Y'all have a good day. I'm fixin' to go to work.
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 22, 2011
6:24 PM EDT
I pretty much start (and finish) at LXer ...
Chasoid

Mar 23, 2011
4:02 PM EDT
I hadn't heard of LXer.com until reading about your move (back) here on LT. This looks to be a cool site. Thanks.
dotheb4rt

Mar 25, 2011
5:59 AM EDT
maybe its the right time to place an lxer add on linux today? since they do microsoft adds..

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!