For how long? Will there be more than a beta this time?

Story: In a Flash, Adobe's 64-Bit Flash for Linux Is BackTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
caitlyn

Jul 22, 2011
3:07 PM EDT
People are right to question Adobe's (lack of) commitment to Linux. Sadly, there are many useful websites that truly need Flash and despite Robert Pogson's plus for FLOSS equivalents, they still only work sometimes and on some sites. So... I'm glad Adobe is back in the Linux game for now. I just hope they finally move to a full release rather than just a beta and I certainly hope that is followed by security patches and updates when needed. I'm not holding my breath for any of that.
helios

Jul 22, 2011
11:58 PM EDT
Skip Guenter and I have this go-around all the time...is 64 bit on the everyday desktop any better than a 32 bit install. I say it is not and I have benchmarks to back it up. Sure boinc or bitcoin crunching via GPU and CPU will produce measurable results on a 64 bit machine, but for everyday computing, I say it really doesn't make any difference.

Of course, Adobe fading in and out with Flash support for 64 bit is my coup de gras argument...kind of hard to get around it.
dinotrac

Jul 23, 2011
12:33 AM EDT
@ken --

I'm sorry that you fail to see the benefits of 64 bit computing on the desktop.

It's a simple extraction of the Tufnel Principle: If eleven is better than 10, 64 must be waaaay better than 32.
Koriel

Jul 23, 2011
11:07 AM EDT
Hmmm "turn it up to 64" nahh never catch on.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!