Gahh Bad Stats.

Story: Non-Windows Operating Systems for the BeginnerTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
Jeff91

Aug 21, 2011
8:49 PM EDT
95 percent Windows market share? I'd even go as far to give you 90 with (some fudge room). But 95 is an over estimate by any standards today.
nikkels

Aug 21, 2011
9:42 PM EDT
First I would like to state that I don't care about the 95%, just the same way I don't care if my neighbors all drive a Mercedes Benz. I am happy with my VW beetle 1300, and my next one will be VW beetle 1600.

Market share ? Every one uses that word as they are talking about a common cold ! They are " using " What is using ? Would you say that having a car parked in the garage from Monday to Saturday, and only taking it out on Sunday morning to go to church ( and therefor showing the people that you << have >> a car ) is using ? That's what many people do with their computers

Also, they talk about " the operating system ". I think 50% use it as a chat-box, a game-box, a music-box, but not as what it is meant to be, nl, a tool to do some constructive work.

So, to me all the talk about " we have X % of market share " is all cr@p talk , just to get the attention of the idiots who don't know any better and are prepared to give their lives to the one who shouts the hardest. Nothing has changed the last 3000 years.

Ah, I had my morning coffee and my morning talk...now let's go and do some real work, like debugging, installing, configuring and backing up my 1 Tb HD to my new bu-drive .
HoTMetaL

Aug 21, 2011
11:58 PM EDT
You go ahead, nikkels. I'll be playing World Of Goo while chatting on Pidgin and jamming out on Banshee.
nikkels

Aug 22, 2011
3:26 AM EDT
:-) Have fun ! :-)
helios

Aug 22, 2011
8:22 AM EDT
Can't get past level 22. 27 inch monitor now has gaping chunks taken out of it where I hve physically bitten it.

Ah, the joy and relaxation of video games.

I do however love WOG. At least up to level 22.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!