Blame

Story: Linux Desktop Flamewars: Is the News Media Too Negative?Total Replies: 0
Author Content
stefragre

Aug 23, 2011
4:05 PM EDT
Ah you guys, it's been my experience that there's plenty of negativity from all sides. Users alone are not the problem. That's too simplistic. Many times a negative media comment, review of a product, and the resulting 'users' being blamed for their reaction. Developers are coddled. Much is made about the fact that many current or former developers wind up writing reviews in the media. Assigning blame to the 'users' is just plain wrong, I can't tell you how many times I have read a'glowing' review about a product/service only to discover how wrong that review was. And an equal amount of negative reviews proved to be wrong as well. So you media types need to understand that "users' are always right about these things. They are the ones who pay for them.. And if we didn't read your stuff, you'd be back in the unemployment line. As for opinions themselves, their like, well you know, everybody's got one.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!