No place for comments?

Story: CrunchBang 10 Statler review - Crunch, bang Total Replies: 6
Author Content
lcafiero

Nov 08, 2011
9:53 PM EDT
Interesting blog, but no place for comments? That's a bit odd.

Anyway, I think very highly of CrunchBang and for some reason I didn't have the same problems he had installing it from a USB stick. Though, truth be told, I can't remember for the life of me what I did -- I seem to remember there was a menu option to install CrunchBang from the Live CD/USB, but Openbox being what it is (not a complaint), you have to dig around for it.

Meanwhile, one of the unfortunate things about CrunchBang is that I understand that the lead developer seems to be taking a hiatus from further development of the distro. Does anyone know anything further about this?
helios

Nov 08, 2011
10:11 PM EDT
No but that sux...we use it on our 9 dedicated Boinc crunchers.
lcafiero

Nov 08, 2011
10:23 PM EDT
If you're talking about CrunchBang's being left behind, then yes, that is way unfortunate. I read that somewhere and now I can't find it, so maybe I'm wrong (I hope I'm wrong about that). I just emailed Philip Newbrough, the developer in question, to see what he says.
lcafiero

Nov 10, 2011
5:34 PM EDT
In the way of an update: I was wrong about CrunchBang's lead developer putting aside the distro. I got an answer from Philip Newbrough and he says he was on hiatus, but now he's back, developing CrunchBang with his merry band of men and women.

Whew.
chalbersma

Nov 11, 2011
4:38 AM EDT
Good News It's always sad to see a developer die.
Jeff91

Nov 11, 2011
11:12 AM EDT
Anyone else find it amusing that those who post the most hostile things leave no comments section?

~Jeff
lcafiero

Nov 11, 2011
12:23 PM EDT
Amusing? Perhaps. Obvious? Definintely. I e-mailed him and asked him about it, but he hasn't responded, not surprisingly.

One of the more curious things about this item is that he speaks well of CrunchBang overall and then has a hard time finding a place to install CrunchBang from the Live USB (admittedly, I remember having to dig around to install it under the same circumstances, though I'd have to retrace my steps to remember how I actually did it).

But rather than either a.) digging deeper into Openbox to find the item or b.) rebooting and installing at the start (rather than going into live mode), he throws up his hands and watches Star Trek.

Huh?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!