FUD - FUDDER - FUDDEST

Story: Google guru blasts Android virus doomsayers as 'charlatans'Total Replies: 8
Author Content
henke54

Dec 14, 2011
5:34 PM EDT
Quoting:Microsoft Uses Android Malware Hysteria to Offer Free Windows Phones Microsoft will give away free Windows Phones to five Android users with the worst malware horror stories.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/246204/microsoft_uses_android...
tracyanne

Dec 14, 2011
6:24 PM EDT
Quoting:Twitter user Nick Rosier called Microsoft's offer of free Windows Phone for Android malware victims "harsh." Rosier added, "Haven't they suffered enough?"
henke54

Dec 14, 2011
6:53 PM EDT
Someone (on a Dutch forum with this article) asked : " Can i also have a free phone when i tell of a 'horror virus story' with my windows PC ?" ...... ;-P
Fettoosh

Dec 14, 2011
7:04 PM EDT
Quoting:Can i also have a free phone when i tell a 'horror virus story' on my windows PC ?

Be serious. If MS obliges to every Windows horror story, it will definitely go bankrupt.

jdixon

Dec 14, 2011
10:04 PM EDT
Speaking of Windows horror stories, we've noticed an increasing number of relatively undetectable rootkits at work. The only thing which seems to find and remove them is the latest apparently beta version of TDSSKkiller. We have no idea how they're getting on the machines, as at least one of them wasn't even accessing the Internet. Entertaining, but what else can I expect with Windows systems?
gus3

Dec 14, 2011
11:23 PM EDT
The vectors are wearing sneakers.
henke54

Dec 15, 2011
6:03 AM EDT
Windows Phone SMS attack discovered, reboots device and disables messaging hub : http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-sms-attack-discovered...
skelband

Dec 15, 2011
3:17 PM EDT
Well bang goes the theory that Windows has more viruses purely because there are more units out there.

There're hardly any Windows Phone 7 in the big wild world and they all seem to be riddled with malware already.....
DrGeoffrey

Dec 15, 2011
3:22 PM EDT
Quoting:There're hardly any Windows Phone 7 in the big wild world and they all seem to be riddled with malware already.....

(In my best Claude Rains voice) I'm Shocked. Shocked!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!