Wonderful Article

Story: Why Linux Desktop Makes Total SenseTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
technosesh

Dec 23, 2011
4:26 PM EDT
I enjoyed reading it so much. having tried a lot of distros myself and finally settled down to King Ubuntu :D ... although I admit that I lost a lot of time in the process. Like you rightly said, each Linux user will have his/ her style of computing hence will settle down to a particular type of distro, I think one should be more responsible while positing reviews about it and spreading confusion. Many people do it primarily for making money (you know what I am talking about) but few give out actual reviews. Few really point out why each distro is different and whom they target before they review it because the majority barely have a reason to use an operating system leave alone review it.
ubuuser

Dec 24, 2011
10:50 AM EDT
That's true. I read a lots of Linux related news via rss software. I happen to notice same person making contradictory posts about particular software or Desktop environment. Don't know what their intension are. I noticed those article seemed to confuse new users as much as they do to spread hatred for Linux as a whole. And people always seem to spread instability of Desktop environments, softwares etc. They always make like peoples on Linux world always fight on one thing or the other. I could not stand and had to post my first ever Linux article. Thank you.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!