Extra info and link

Story: PCLinuxOS KDE 2012.02 Has Been Officially ReleasedTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
nikkels

Feb 03, 2012
7:25 AM EDT
For those interested, here is an extra link.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,102230.0.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please note: You do not necessarily need to download and install this release if you have been keeping up with your updates on a 2011.09 KDE 4 install. This is mainly for those new to PCLinuxOS KDE so they don't have so many downloads to perform to get updated to current status.

that's it, have fun! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
cmost

Feb 03, 2012
9:49 PM EDT
It's too bad that PCLinuxOS 2012.2 is shipping with an outdated kernel and an outdated version of KDE. With KDE 4.8.0 just released and Kernel 3.3 just around the corner, I can't help but wonder what happened to this once cutting edge, top-notch distro...
nikkels

Feb 03, 2012
10:08 PM EDT
@ cmost

If you read the full announcement on their website, you will read that this is nothing more than a maintenance release , so that people who download the distro now ( today ) will not have to update about 300 Mb of packages . PCLinuxOS provides a maintenance release like this every 3 months or so. There is nothing new. The new one with KDE 4.8 will come out soon....when it's ready. The 64 bit version will come out soon...when it's ready

If you go on the forum, you will see that << no-body >> is complaining.

About the < top-notch > thing. Nothing has changed. If you read the annoncements on the forum, it will be clear as Cristal. Hope this helps
cmost

Feb 04, 2012
1:21 PM EDT
@ nikkels

Ah, thanks! Yes, I guess it helps if I RTFM! LOL! I used to use PCLOS years ago and at that time it was one of the best distros ever! When I read the summary of the new release I thought what happened?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!