If only

Story: Five open source hardware projects that could change the worldTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
skelband

Feb 06, 2012
1:16 PM EDT
If only we could get the rest of humanity as organised as these guys, then the world's problems would be solved over night.

Instead, we get people bickering with each other about religion, others dedicating their lives to earning as much money as possible while giving nothing back, companies trying to kill their customers by feeding them pig swill in the form of burgers and chicken "nuggets", company fat cats who seem to spend their entire time trying to put everyone else down and a huge number of other petty ways in which the human world is made so much poorer.

I really despair sometimes, but then I read an article like this and then I realise that it isn't *all* bad.
helios

Feb 06, 2012
1:43 PM EDT
LOL....that's why 1 of my 2 best friends in the past 10 years has been a dog.

Just kidding.

No, wait.....
Khamul

Feb 06, 2012
2:09 PM EDT
My cats resent your use of the term "fat cats" to describe corporate sociopaths. My cats are much more conscientious, including my one feral cat (who's happily sitting on my printer next to me).

tracyanne

Feb 06, 2012
4:42 PM EDT
My other cat IS a fat cat.
Khamul

Feb 06, 2012
5:05 PM EDT
Mine are a little chubby too, but their weight problems should not make them targets for jokes comparing them to the evil, sociopathic people who run many corporations. We don't malign fat people by comparing them to CEOs and politicians, do we?
skelband

Feb 06, 2012
5:08 PM EDT
We have a cat and I see a lot of parallels actually.

She takes whatever she wants, sits wherever she wants, is totally oblivious to the needs of anyone else and constantly complains about how unfair her life is :D
helios

Feb 06, 2012
5:17 PM EDT
Dogs have owners.....

Cats have staff.
DrGeoffrey

Feb 06, 2012
6:57 PM EDT
@helios, While I cannot disagree with your observation (especially because it's true), it's not true that cats are ungrateful (very unlike the stereotyped fat cat). Leave the food bowl empty for a few hours, and see what happens when you fill it.

As soon as they've had their fill, you'll have more cats on your lap, around your legs, and anywhere else they can reach, all purring thanks.

True confessions: I've had cats around me my entire life. Forgive me, fans of the dog family.
BernardSwiss

Feb 06, 2012
7:54 PM EDT
The Canadian perspective on "Fat Cats"

http://www.dcf.ca/en/mouseland.htm

helios

Feb 06, 2012
7:55 PM EDT
We don't malign fat people by comparing them to CEOs and politicians, do we?

We do if they are CEO's and Politicians. But otherwise, I dun think so.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!