To toot my own horn...

Story: OK - So what do I tell my Mac friend?Total Replies: 13
Author Content
Jeff91

May 11, 2012
10:35 AM EDT
Try something E17 on it! I've found a good deal of the Bodhi users come from (or still use) OSX. E17 has a very modern feel too it (In my opinion - everyone has different opinions).

~Jeff
Bob_Robertson

May 11, 2012
11:23 AM EDT
I'll go along with Jeff on this, Enlightenment does have excellent polish and shine that someone accustomed to a Mac would appreciate.

tuxchick

May 11, 2012
11:44 AM EDT
Bodhi is teh perty. And quite usable too.
dinotrac

May 11, 2012
3:50 PM EDT
I'm going to pass that rec along to my friend.

Thanks, guys.
Bob_Robertson

May 11, 2012
4:15 PM EDT
djohnston

May 11, 2012
5:27 PM EDT
Quoting:

Translation?
gus3

May 11, 2012
5:40 PM EDT
It's the Buddhist meditative chant. "Ommmmm...."
DrGeoffrey

May 11, 2012
5:48 PM EDT
And I thought he was the artist formerly known as Prince.

(Anyone old enough to remember that 'has been' or 'never was'?)
djohnston

May 11, 2012
6:01 PM EDT
Quoting:And I thought he was the artist formerly known as Prince.

(Anyone old enough to remember that 'has been' or 'never was'?)

Not only am I old enough, I'm old enough to be his father. But, I'm not (his father). 8>) And, no, I don't have a neckbeard, either.
caitlyn

May 11, 2012
7:10 PM EDT
I don't think he is a "never was". He had a period of great popularity when he was a genuine hit maker. While I'm not a fan of the image he presented or of his music as a whole I will admit there are a few songs he did which I did really like.
dinotrac

May 11, 2012
8:12 PM EDT
Caitlyn --

So long as you're able to dodge that nasty purple rain when you hop into your little red Corvette to party like it's 1999.

How many of you brilliant music minds know that Prince wrote the Bangles' Manic Monday?
gus3

May 11, 2012
8:19 PM EDT
He wrote, and writes, a lot of music, some of which he actually performs himself.

Paul Simon wrote "Hazy Shade of Winter" which the Bangles covered (and did better on, I think).
dinotrac

May 11, 2012
11:18 PM EDT
@gus3 --

Paul Simon wrote Hazy Shade of Winter for himself and Art Garfunkel. The Bangles later covered it.

Prince didn't write Manic Monday for himself, but for the Apollonia 6, who never recorded it. Bangles knew better and made it a hit.
number6x

May 12, 2012
8:37 AM EDT
If you haven't seen him in concert, you have missed an amazing performance. His fight with the record label shows that the **IAA treat artists creating the copyrighted works pretty much the same way that they treat their customers, as property.

He is actually best in a small venue. My wife saw him one frozen night back in February, 2006 at a small theater a few blocks from our home (Congress Theater, Logan Square, Chicago). He was touring as a guitarist for a young R&B singer, Támar Davis.

My wife said it was an unbelievable show. I don't know many pop musicians working today who have both the depth and breadth of talent and musical styles that Prince has.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!