No link to full story

Story: The Raspberry Pi: My First Hardware ExperimentTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
caitlyn

May 15, 2012
2:20 AM EDT
I really wanted to read gus3's take on the Raspberry Pi but there is no link to the story.
djohnston

May 15, 2012
2:27 AM EDT
Link to story.
skelband

May 15, 2012
1:07 PM EDT
That really brightened up my already bright morning! Thanks!
caitlyn

May 15, 2012
1:11 PM EDT
I didn't realize it was humor and not a serious piece until I read it. Yes, it's funny, but disappointing at the same time. I real review would be nice to read.
Scott_Ruecker

May 15, 2012
3:09 PM EDT
Link is there, I do not know why it would not resolve..
gus3

May 15, 2012
4:50 PM EDT
@caitlyn, yes I omitted the "humor" tag (EDIT: I omitted it in the LXer submission). I didn't want to give it away before the click. The photos were too important to it. (Hey, don't roll your eyes, I put a lot of work into those photos!)

I haven't done a review of the RPi, for one simple reason: I'm too much of a fanboi at this point. I couldn't do a review without picking up a pair of pom-poms.
jdixon

May 15, 2012
5:00 PM EDT
> I couldn't do a review without picking up a pair of pom-poms.

Hmm. A photo that might rival the infamous BBQ Pig and shorts. Go for it. Just include the pics. :)
Fettoosh

May 15, 2012
6:03 PM EDT
Quoting:I don’t know if it cooled the RPi any, or made the performance better. Before I did the test, I took another bottle out and drank it, so if I did run the test, I don’t remember where I put the file with the results. But I know it made me run a lot cooler!

Hmmm, after thorough investigation, I think I am sure if you had opened up both bottles for the RPi like you did for yourself, the RPi would have noticed similar cooling effect. :-)

I suggest giving it another try.

tracyanne

May 15, 2012
6:16 PM EDT
Scott I tracked down the article and added the link
Scott_Ruecker

May 15, 2012
6:26 PM EDT
Thank You Tracy, you rock.
gus3

May 15, 2012
7:03 PM EDT
'Tis ok. It also landed on Eben Upton's Twitter (after yours truly sent it to him for a giggle). This joke is now on track to being my busiest ever day on WordPress. Just 88 more page views...

The sad thing is, this is the most inspired humor I've had in a long time.
djohnston

May 15, 2012
9:36 PM EDT
Quoting:Scott I tracked down the article and added the link

Hmmm. The link I posted isn't working for you?
caitlyn

May 15, 2012
11:11 PM EDT
@gus3: I'm trying to picture you in a short skirt with Pom Poms. Thankfully my imagination is failing me at the moment.

A review is an opinion piece. If you are really satisfied with something that isn't a reason not to write a review.
gus3

May 16, 2012
6:41 AM EDT
I have really only one complaint, that the drivers aren't yet merged into the mainline Linux kernel. It takes a good 3 hours to build a kernel from scratch, using an NFS mount (longer if it builds on the local SSD), but that's expected.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!