Link to the actual Article

Story: How to install your favorite Linux distribution on a Series 3 ChromebookTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Jeff91

Nov 20, 2012
5:56 PM EDT
The current link for this story is click bait. The real article is here -> http://blogs.arm.com/software-enablement/848-running-linux-o...

~Jeff
Ridcully

Nov 20, 2012
6:00 PM EDT
I read the article ......and very plaintively said: "Blimey !"......followed in turn by: "I think I'll wait till it's simpler !". But the concept is highly attractive.....hope it gets off the ground.
caitlyn

Nov 20, 2012
6:38 PM EDT
I think I finally understand what "blimey" means? Look at it this way: you can get your laptop redone with your favorite Arm distro and get a degree in dentistry in about the same period of time. It also will feel like going to the dentist and having root canal. How can you beat that? :)

Seriously, for the patient it's an interesting project.
Jeff91

Nov 21, 2012
11:54 AM EDT
The process described there is very similar to what I go through every time I set out to make a Bodhi image for a new ARM device.

Someone will eventually make easy-to-use images that users can simply dd onto an SD card in a couple easy steps (in fact I plan to get my hands on one of these eventually).

~Jeff

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!