Actually who cares

Story: Adobe demands 7000 years a day from humankindTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
tracyanne

Dec 05, 2012
1:59 AM EDT
This is proprietary s***, and I for one never use it.
vagabondo

Dec 05, 2012
4:38 AM EDT
If you do not care about this topic, why did you bother to invite us to read it?

tracyanne

Dec 05, 2012
5:26 AM EDT
Once again I didn't post it. It has my name beside it because it was one of many that I approved that were submitted by Bob. It seems that my name gets attached to any submission made by Bod, when i approve it. As a rule I don't bother reading submissions made by regular submitters, until after they have been approved.
vagabondo

Dec 05, 2012
5:58 AM EDT
Sorry, and d***! That screws up my filter for ignoring items of no interest based on the poster's name. There appears to be a random behaviour injector in the LXer software.

The theory was that filtering out self-promotional post from e.g. DarkDuck and Falko Timme, plus anything with "Ubuntu" in the title would leave mostly genuine recommendations that I might be interested in.

TxtEdMacs

Dec 05, 2012
9:02 AM EDT
vagabondo,

[serious] question: I can understand your filtering choices and reasons with the exception of Falko Timme. While I have only rarely read his pieces they struck me as well researched and useful. However, I have wondered at the volume of his output, though I assumed the quality did not falter. Was I in error?

Some readers here question his title choice, which I just see as a template to avoid unnecessary effort when the technical aspects should be the primary concern. Maybe "Perfect" is overused, however, if his reasoning is as I presumed I think he made the better choice. Moreover, in no way can I imagine his site has slipped to the level of Duck-in-the-Dark*. I would be quite disappointed it it has, though I have seen guest writers not meeting his standards.

[/serious]

YBT

* Duck-in-the-Dark is supposedly a non-English speaker, however, viewing some of the composition of his/her headline summaries this individual's facility with the language exceeds mine. His articles and methods may be slap dash, but his proficiency with words puts him on the level of Joseph Conrad, whom I have read was unintelligible speaker of the language.
djohnston

Dec 05, 2012
5:17 PM EDT
Quoting:* Duck-in-the-Dark is supposedly a non-English speaker, however, viewing some of the composition of his/her headline summaries this individual's facility with the language exceeds mine. His articles and methods may be slap dash, but his proficiency with words puts him on the level of Joseph Conrad, whom I have read was unintelligible speaker of the language.

There's a reason for that. For a while I was editing his posts before he published them. It wasn't easy. As I understand it, he has another "ghostwriter" who doesn't seek attribution for his edits.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!