Interesting, but...

Story: Watch Ubuntu Phone OS in ActionTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
r_a_trip

Jan 03, 2013
6:38 AM EDT
... the preview has a lot of lag and the excessive swiping from all sides looks clunky. We'll see what it does, once it's available in phone stores on its own hardware.
vainrveenr

Jan 03, 2013
12:26 PM EDT
Indeed.

It could very well turn out that the preview and most of the other Ubuntu Phone OS marketing attempts are overblown hype.

caitlyn

Jan 03, 2013
12:48 PM EDT
Could be, or it could be that this is early preproduction software and that the final product will be better than this. It will have to be better than this for Ubuntu to succeed on phones. I prefer to take a wait and see attitude.
flufferbeer

Jan 03, 2013
3:19 PM EDT
Nah, I don't see the Baboontu heavies and fanbois ....w/ the almighty $huttleunworth as their leader..... even being ABLE to hold back from all that "overblown" PR praise of their own Android/iOS phone; whether it's successful or NOT! And it's ironic that TOO many targeted users of this new phone OS will have never heard of (never mind even CARE about) this whole Baboontu Spyware-revelation controversy exposed just a mere month ago!!

2c
tracyanne

Jan 03, 2013
7:14 PM EDT
@flufferbeer, you discredit your comments every time use use terms like Baboontu instead of Ubuntu and $huttleunworth instead of Shuttleworth. You come across as a loony tune rather than a serious commentator, which means that anything you have to say, however valid, will be ignored, by most people.
flufferbeer

Jan 03, 2013
7:27 PM EDT
@ta,

.....and yet YOU just commented on one of MY own opinions directly regarding Baboontu (as I alone wish to validly call it). Seems pretty creditable to me that my relevant comments regarding TheBaboontuPhoneOS and the Loonity-tune Spyware it possibly still contains are ALREADY not so quickly and rationally ignored by "some", glad thanks for that! ;) btw, the 1-month Anniversary of RMS's revelation of $huttleworthlessOS's controversial Spyware racket http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/ubuntu-spyware-what-to-do occurs in just a few days, so we'll just have to see whether the almighty $h* and his underlings will keep AVOIDING any mention of the controversy.......or not. I betcha that at least one of you commentators can no longer deny knowing anything about the CONNECTION between the latest and oh-not-so-greatest smartphone OS and its Spyware; you've now heard of it here first!

-fb
DrGeoffrey

Jan 03, 2013
7:45 PM EDT
“Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it.” -- Agatha Christie
tracyanne

Jan 03, 2013
7:50 PM EDT
@flufferbeer, I commented on the first line, I didn't read past it, and rarely ever read past your Baboontu insults, as I see no reason to continue to read what will obviously be a loony tunes comment. Which given that I know you are capable of much more, I consider sad that there is this one place where you are incapable of making rational statements.
claudecat

Jan 04, 2013
12:10 AM EDT
As someone using a Looney Tunes character name as a username, I'm slightly insulted by the phrase "loony tune comment" - not that it's invalid in this case :=}

Seriously though, every time I see the term "Windoze" or "Baboontu" or the like I just feel sad for the person using it and skip down to the next commenter.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!