More LXer contributors, thank you!

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
tuxchick

Jan 11, 2013
7:12 PM EDT
Hey all, I'm seeing more stories in the LXer queue from LXer regulars, irregulars, and whathaveyous :) Thank you, it makes a big difference-- we get a wider variety and more good stories to post.

Now if some of you who write 1000-word comments would publish them as LXer features that would be more awesomeness!
dinotrac

Jan 13, 2013
1:14 AM EDT
I have to agree, TC. I still need 994 words. Wait a minute -- that just took it down to 985. Wait! 976!

Wait!

Oh, never mind.
PaulFerris

Jan 14, 2013
1:42 PM EDT
Dino, keep that counter high :P

TC/Dino: Happy new year!

Tuxxy: Careful what you wish for!
jdixon

Jan 14, 2013
2:34 PM EDT
Hey, Paul, don't be such a stranger. Hope all is well.
dinotrac

Jan 14, 2013
4:28 PM EDT
OK -- I've recovered. My pulse is back down to normal.

OK, guys -- I think I had an actual Paul Ferris sighting.

Not sure, though. Gotta check the rant mode....
PaulFerris

Jan 15, 2013
11:32 AM EDT
Sorry, I've been lurking for the past couple of years.

I have some ranting to do, but have been keeping it to myself -- best to let some things burn on their own :)
dinotrac

Jan 15, 2013
11:42 AM EDT
@PF --

That's OK, Jack, er, Paul.

I've got enough fun with Rails vulnerabilities (not to mention smirks for all those Java guys who started to make fun of that silly Rails/Ruby thing only to have the zero date thingie blow up in their faces).
gus3

Jan 15, 2013
1:11 PM EDT
There is only one secure OS: the one that isn't running.
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 15, 2013
9:14 PM EDT
Sorry I am late to this party but I totally 2nd Carla's comment and will only add my own thank you to everyone who helps us in trying to make LXer the place they want to read about and talk about FOSS news.

:-)
slacker_mike

Jan 16, 2013
11:57 PM EDT
Hey question from a person who hasn't posted many stories on LXer, what is the best practice for a multi-part story submissions here? There is a really interesting series of blog posts by a Debian developer/contributor with regards to ZFS administration on Linux. While the series is really interesting to me it is very long, something like 17 blog posts on the subject. I don't want to spam LXer with it so would it be appropriate to post the first one with a note or link in the body of the submission to the other posts?

Thank you in advance for any pointers or suggestions.
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 17, 2013
2:33 AM EDT
slacker mike, I will message you.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!