Untitled

Story: Now that Kaptan has been ported, YALI’s waitingTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
slacker_mike

Jan 28, 2013
10:44 PM EDT
looks like there is a community fork of Pardus now active. Pardus always seemed to be a real polished KDE distro, so this would nice to see.

http://www.pardus-anka.org
caitlyn

Jan 29, 2013
11:10 AM EDT
Yep. I saw that on Distrowatch and I'm very pleased to see that Pardus will continue without the Turkish government. While that page is entirely in Turkish some of the linked pages are in other languages (German, English, etc...) and there clearly is an international community behind this move. It's good to see. Pardus was one of the most user friendly distros out there and it was painful to see the Turkish government abandon it.

There is also a commercial version in development by a private Turkish company so instead of one Pardus we'll now have two.
kikinovak

Jan 29, 2013
1:39 PM EDT
Pardus was a really nice distro. I've been using it for some time, only to see its development stopped special thanks to some newly appointed creationist at the head of the Ministry. Pity.

So thumbs up for the community version. Maybe you can translate the whole site into several languages?
caitlyn

Jan 29, 2013
5:06 PM EDT
I don't speak/read Turkish so I can't do any such thing.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!