Alert: this is a Rob Enderle piece

Story: IBM: Giving Open a Smarter Strategic AdvantageTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Mar 04, 2013
10:52 PM EDT
(I didn't realize that he was still around)
Bob_Robertson

Mar 05, 2013
1:44 PM EDT
Bernard, ignorance is bliss. Sadly, now you know.
jdixon

Mar 05, 2013
1:52 PM EDT
I really appreciate the warning. I might have clicked the link while I was eating lunch.
gus3

Mar 05, 2013
2:14 PM EDT
Wasn't he in with Maureen O'Gara, trying to defend Linux and Free Software against the onslaught of nonsense from The SCO Group?

Wait, what?

Sorry, my bad.
Fettoosh

Mar 05, 2013
4:21 PM EDT
Can't blame the guy for making a 180 after realizing that the checks won't be coming any more.

caitlyn

Mar 05, 2013
4:49 PM EDT
Thank you for saving me from wasting a few minutes of my life.
BernardSwiss

Mar 05, 2013
8:24 PM EDT
He wasn't really terrible, this time -- in fact, it was in most respects a quite good and solid exposition. if he hadn't felt the need to slip in a little slyly patronizing historical revisionism and self-excusing spin, instead of sticking to the rather sensible core of his piece, I likely wouldn't have scrolled back to see who wrote it.

And if it had been almost anyone else, less directly involved, and with a less ... um, colourful... and nakedly partisan history in these matters, I would have let it slide, as simply a not very relevant side issue, not worth commenting on.

I don't object to Mr. Enderle trying to become a relevant commentator once more (well, you know what I mean) but I do object to his resort to insinuation and historical revisionism instead of "coming clean". If he can't be trusted to speak honestly about plain, well documented matters, it just won't matter much how sensible his current arguments are,

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!