I thought you all might find the figures interesting

Story: A comparison of mobile and desktop access figures for marketticker.orgTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
jdixon

Jun 03, 2013
8:20 AM EDT
Especially the comparative rankings of Linux/Win8 and WinXP/Mac.
caitlyn

Jun 03, 2013
6:06 PM EDT
While the figures are interesting, web counters are notoriously inaccurate. I do think he's on to something with Blackberry 10. They've put out a really nice product that should reestablish the company well, especially with some government contracts signed.
jdixon

Jun 03, 2013
10:42 PM EDT
> While the figures are interesting, web counters are notoriously inaccurate.

Yes. But as a primarily financial site, he has no real interest in what OS his readers use, so the figures are at least comparatively unbiased. And the nature of the site means that there's little technical preference on the part of his readers.

Given the nature of the beast, that's about the best we're going to get.
BernardSwiss

Jun 03, 2013
11:47 PM EDT
The comments section to that post is also interesting -- very interesting.

The typical participant in that financial/markets forum seems to be technically savvier than the supposed IT professionals inhabiting the ZDNet forums.

Is my notion that market-ticker.org is a financial/markets forum somehow mistaken?

CFWhitman

Jun 04, 2013
8:22 AM EDT
BernardSwiss wrote:The typical participant in that financial/markets forum seems to be technically savvier than the supposed IT professionals inhabiting the ZDNet forums.

Is it just my paranoia that made me think, 'That's probably because there are no paid advocates at financial forums'?
jdixon

Jun 04, 2013
8:51 AM EDT
> Is my notion that market-ticker.org is a financial/markets forum somehow mistaken?

No, you're correct that they are. However, market-ticket is somewhat of a fringe financial/market forum and not really main stream. The less charitable might even refer to them as the "tinfoil hat" section.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!