At this point, is anyone even surprised anymore?

Story: NSA employees spied on their lovers using eavesdropping programmeTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Aug 24, 2013
10:12 PM EDT
It just keeps getting worse, and the denials of impropriety and claims of scrupulous oversight are getting ever more laughable.

If this was a television drama series, it would would have been dumped in less than a season, as it would have been just too implausible to sustain the audience's "suspension of disbelief". (That's no longer true, of course).

It might, however, have made for a great sit-com...

cr

Aug 24, 2013
10:36 PM EDT
It's reminding me of Harry Potter, except it's not just the Ministry for Terror, as both PM and POTUS are involved.
seatex

Aug 25, 2013
12:13 AM EDT
I wish I could find humor in this, but it's just offensive that my tax dollars are going to NSA voyeurs and internet service mega corps to "protect" me. Rrrrrrright....
kikinovak

Aug 25, 2013
1:26 AM EDT
It should become mandatory for every member of the US government to install a 24/7 webcam connected to a live Internet stream in their bathroom. So next time they take a dump or change a tampax, they learn the meaning of the word "Intimacy".
Bob_Robertson

Aug 26, 2013
9:21 AM EDT
And all for what?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!