Another example why I eschew proprietary/closed products as much as possible

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Nov 07, 2013
7:48 PM EDT
I came across this story today...

Apple Wants To Sell Fewer Products; Kills Off Website That Made Finding iPads And iPhones Easier http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131107/11395725171/apple-...

The thing about using Linux is that you end up developing allergies to this sort of control-freakery and customer abuse so typical of established, dominant corporations.

These days, "typical" consumers have been trained to accept these (dare I say "disrespectful" or outright "contemptuous"?) corporate behaviours as inevitable and reasonable, and you will be seen as naive or even a little strange, if you seriously complain about it.

vainrveenr

Nov 07, 2013
8:42 PM EDT
Quoting:The thing about using Linux is that you end up developing allergies to this sort of control-freakery and customer abuse so typical of established, dominant corporations.

OTOH, it may help to be aware that these very selfsame "established, dominant corporations" might instead refer to "control-freakery" as effective Supply Chain Management.

gus3

Nov 10, 2013
1:13 PM EDT
Except that what they really want to manage is the demand chain.

But hey, if the demand chain wants to be managed, that's fine with me. Just don't be surprised if I refuse to let myself be "managed" the same way.

You cannot post until you login.