Hypocrite

Story: The next level of open health data tracking is good for youTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
linux4567

Dec 05, 2013
8:44 AM EDT
Yesterday I posted a comment below that article with a link to a recent news story that shows why sharing personal health data is a very bad idea, and guess what happened, my comment has disappeared after a short time.

Clearly opensource.com is NOT about openness, transparency and freedom but rather just another blog site that does not live by what they preach.

BTW, this was the article I linked to in my comment: http://on.rt.com/q1b7fq (Canadian denied entry to the US after agent cites private medical records)
andrews51

Dec 05, 2013
12:10 PM EDT
I agree about opensource.com... One of the most fascinating articles I read there was about how open source software is used in publishing... the article was written using proprietary Microsoft software... FAIL...
skelband

Dec 05, 2013
2:00 PM EDT
That is a seriously worrying article. RT seems to be about the only place that you can actually read real news these days.
Bob_Robertson

Dec 05, 2013
2:15 PM EDT
I wouldn't trust RT to be honest about Putin or other internal Russia matters. On everything else, though....
tuxchick

Dec 05, 2013
2:41 PM EDT
Your comment is there now, linux4567.
Bob_Robertson

Dec 05, 2013
2:48 PM EDT
TC! Long time no see. Hope all is well.
tuxchick

Dec 05, 2013
6:22 PM EDT
Hi Bob, thanks, things are going well. I was way busy with a job that started out pretty well (Web dev, sysadmin, random tech chores), but sadly it turned bad so I quit. Now I have time again :D
BernardSwiss

Dec 05, 2013
9:05 PM EDT
I heard a story just on yesterdays news about a Canadian woman, who on her way to a tropical vacation, had been denied entry to the US on the grounds of her record including a history of depression.
CFWhitman

Dec 06, 2013
10:09 AM EDT
Sometimes on various sites comments will seem to disappear because they need approval. If you look at them with the computer you posted, then they will often appear to be there, but they won't show up from any other computer until they are approved.
jazz

Dec 06, 2013
5:59 PM EDT
opensource.com is a RedHat Inc site. RedHat does a lot of business with the government. Very unlikely to see on opensource.com anything criticizing NSA policy of privacy invasion, au contraire...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!