Internet Explorer 7?

Story: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Lightroom 4 Now Work with Wine 1.7.11Total Replies: 5
Author Content
gary_newell

Jan 20, 2014
4:40 AM EDT
Getting Internet Explorer 7 to work with WINE was a fairly pointless exercise wasn't it? Does anybody use it still?

Many sites tell you to upgrade if you use Internet Explorer 7
Bob_Robertson

Jan 20, 2014
9:39 AM EDT
It looks to me like a "proof of concept", a way of saying that WINE is so complete that even Microsoft's own software will run on it.
gus3

Jan 20, 2014
12:43 PM EDT
...that even Microsoft's own cr@pware will run on it.
Ridcully

Jan 20, 2014
6:16 PM EDT
Using any version of IE would scare the heck out of me; I never use it - there's no need.

Incidentally, there's a very sad comment on the ABC (Australia) about the phishing scams and what is going on. Apparently the lady in the video was on the ABC news report at 7.30pm last night.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-20/fraud-squad-teams-up-w...

It is so sad to see these gullible people taken in by these disgusting scams and apparently, it's worth doing. I occasionally get phishing emails and am amazed that anybody could be taken in when they look at the structure and content of the texts sent. Sadly, there will always be those who get their fingers burnt.
BernardSwiss

Jan 20, 2014
10:18 PM EDT
The only Windows software I really care about WINE supporting is Adobe Digital Editions (and that only until the public library can be persuaded to abandon OverDrive for lending digital materials).
Bob_Robertson

Jan 21, 2014
10:28 AM EDT
My WINE runs only Wizard101. I don't even installed Virtual Box any more.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!