Has anyone seen updates for Mint 15 with Cinnamon in the last three weeks or so?

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Feb 22, 2014
8:26 PM EDT
I am still running Firefox 26 and about the time 27 was announced that was near the time I had my last update. When I manually run the check it says my system is up to date. However, on boot up the pattern of the LED light ups has altered so I am wondering if I am running a cracked machine courtesy of the NSA (directly or indirectly).

Any advice would be appreciated, particularly as I suspect updates have been distributed.

[very serious, no joking on this post]

Thanks
the_doctor

Feb 23, 2014
12:31 AM EDT
That's strange. We received the FF 27.0.1 update about a week ago in the Mint 13 repositories.
TxtEdMacs

Feb 23, 2014
7:49 AM EDT
That is precisely my response, very strange since I was seeing continuous updates until these past few weeks. Today still shows none, which is impossible to believe.

Wondering if I have been cracked via the router.
TxtEdMacs

Feb 23, 2014
3:59 PM EDT
Is Mint 13 an LTS version with extended support?

Just found a reference that said Mint 15 is just supported until Jan., 2014, which might explain the lack of updates if that is true.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/05/linux-...
BernardSwiss

Feb 23, 2014
4:42 PM EDT
TxtEdMacs,

That's my understanding -- that's why I've never bothered installing Mint 15.
TxtEdMacs

Feb 23, 2014
4:50 PM EDT
Thanks for the help.

I am still suspicious of the led lighting timing change that happened near to the cessation of support.

I really liked 15, I guess I will be forced to upgrade to 16. Had I known I might have stayed with 13, which is running on my dual core laptop. But I was spoiled with a quad core unit and six times the memory running mainly from SSD. Once I began running this tower routinely I only fired up the laptop once to pull or look at a (or some) file(s) I needed.

You cannot post until you login.