Aahhh.....

Story: elementary OS "Isis" First Details Revealed, It Looks Unbelievably Good – VideoTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
notbob

Apr 08, 2014
5:13 PM EDT
Aahhhhh....... amazing! Aahhhhh....... amazing! Aahhhhh....... amazing! Aahhhhh....... amazing! Super cool! Aahhhhh....... amazing! Aahhhhh....... amazing! Aahhhhh....... amazing! Super cool!

What is this guy? Twelve? No, fourteen. His voice has broken. ;)
Koriel

Apr 08, 2014
6:22 PM EDT
Yeh it does make you wonder who these folk are, I tried out Elementary OS last week and it wasn't bad but I was expecting a lot more based on the amount of praise and superlatives that have been thrown at it in the past 6 months.

Maybe im just to old and jaded but Im just not getting all that much whizz bang from it.
gary_newell

Apr 09, 2014
2:36 AM EDT
Elementary does look very nice. I tried it out a while ago. The only thing that bothered me was the inclusion of Midori.

Can anyone explain to me what the fascination is with Midori?
CFWhitman

Apr 09, 2014
9:50 AM EDT
Well, Midori is quite lightweight for a pretty full-featured browser. Up to date versions work quite well. I don't know if that's a satisfactory explanation or not.

Of course if you just 'apt-get install Midori' in a regular *buntu distribution you will get a more than two year old version (0.4.3, released December of 2011) that doesn't work nearly as well as the current version (0.5.8, just released). In fact, that old version seems much more broken now than it did back when it was released, though I'm not sure why that would be the case.
CFWhitman

Apr 09, 2014
10:02 AM EDT
Is the guy in the video on the Elementary OS team? He's just way over the top with his praise for the system. He's at the very least an Elementary OS fanboy. I'd rather see either a balanced review or a matter of fact rundown of the improvements (letting the viewer judge how "amazing" they are).
albinard

Apr 09, 2014
10:18 AM EDT
Tried elementary once. Not very interesting. Nice graphics, nothing much else worth mentioning.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!