Methinks the laddie protesteth too much.

Story: Cloud FUD won't go awayTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
cr

Jun 06, 2014
2:41 AM EDT
> but I'm still hearing the same old arguments, and it's time to change the focus

"Because I say so" is not sufficient reason to dismiss the listed concerns as FUD. And, is the article intended to steer attention away from the recent trump argument, "Not Secure As"?
me1010

Jun 06, 2014
8:52 AM EDT
It's an advertisement... Of course "cloud" vs. in-house server vs. IaaS vs. some combo of these - is a complex matter for any organization. The article does not address any actual issues. It's posted on a "cloud" services provider blog... whatever.
linux4567

Jun 06, 2014
2:24 PM EDT
Oh noo, not ANOTHER one of Ron Miller's cloudvertisements...

Ron Miller is well known on here for constantly writing cloud advertisement blog posts, his posts are best ignored as they are just advertisement.
jsusanka

Jun 11, 2014
11:40 AM EDT
Internal clouds for organizations make total sense. For public cloud it is a matter getting the public trust again after the NSA thing or if you trust the government in general and the way it is ran with corporatism today.
mrider

Jun 12, 2014
12:08 PM EDT
I had a few separate consulting gigs with one organization somewhere around '98 or '99 where we were replacing several main-frame applications with stuff written to Windows NT. Despite the fact that NT was an unstable POS at the time, it still made sense. The IT department instituted a policy of a Friday night reboot - and that combined with a few other "you've got to be kidding" policies, everything ran reasonably smoothly (smoothly enough), AND it saved them considerable money in a relatively short time span.

One of the guys on the team quipped that there would come a day in the not too distant future where everyone would start recommending that we move back to main-frame applications to save money. I'm still trying to decide if he was prescient or if he was a time traveler. :)
tuxchick

Jun 13, 2014
12:55 PM EDT
Just like a cloud, this piece is lighter than air.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!