Less than 24 hours left

Story: Home Stretch For Supporting Our Net Neutrality ReportingTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Jul 30, 2014
9:05 PM EDT
I've made a donation, even though I'm not a USA-ian. It's a worthy cause, and techdirt has been a leading source for news and other coverage on this sort of thing.

(Also: I found it... interesting... that extensive SOPA coverage appears to have had that much impact on advertising revenues.)

- - - - -

Addendum:

Here's a rather interesting perspective:

If You Want To Know How Supporting Techdirt Can Help Shift The Debate In Washington DC

"Hi. My name is Jen... and I was once a Congressional staffer who knew so little about Internet policy that I had no idea how little I knew about Internet policy. (I think this is where you're supposed to supportively say, "Hi, Jen," and reassure me that this is a safe space for me to continue my embarrassing confession. Because it gets worse.)

"In late 2010, when my former boss -- U.S. Senator Ron Wyden -- announced that he was putting a hold on the Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) – the predecessor to PIPA and later, SOPA -- I not only didn't know how the DNS system worked, I'm not sure I knew what infringement meant. (I'm not proud of these things, but they're true.) ..."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140729/05504028040/if-you...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!