Linus Torvalds

Story: The Linux Foundation Has Become Like a Corporate Think Tank, Microsoft Influence IncludedTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
thenixedreport

Jan 21, 2016
12:17 PM EDT
As long as Torvalds is alive, and the source code is available, the Linux kernel project will always exist. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again. The problem with Microsoft isn't their developers. It's the board of directors, executives, and legal team that are the problem.
dotmatrix

Jan 23, 2016
1:49 PM EDT
thenixedreport wrote:legal team that are the problem

Yeah. I agree.

There are lawyers, and there are lawyers. The existence of good apple lawyers does not negate the overflowing number of bad apple lawyers.

A friend of mine once said, "At the end of the world, lawyers will be the last ones left and they will be arguing over the last chunk of Earth until it and they are gone."

DrGeoffrey

Jan 23, 2016
4:50 PM EDT
Yeahbut, the blue screens of death, endless software bugs, and excessively ponderous installation routines are hardly the fault of the lawyers.

The carcass may stink from the head down, but it still reeks.
thenixedreport

Jan 23, 2016
10:36 PM EDT
The blue screens of death in the past have been an issue, yes. However, this may enlighten you as to why these bugs have occurred in the past:

http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=74

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!