Binary only no source code

Story: Google's reverse engineering software BinDiff now free for researchersTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
linux4567

Mar 24, 2016
6:08 PM EDT
The tool looks interesting but I can only find the binaries, it doesn't look like Google released the source code, which is a shame as the tool looks interesting but I'd never run Google binaries on my PC for security reasons.
nmset

Mar 25, 2016
5:28 AM EDT
Google can be funny, it's an invitation to reverse engineer BinDiff !
dotmatrix

Mar 25, 2016
1:49 PM EDT
Be sure to consult the EULA before downloading and using:

http://www.zynamics.com/eula.html

This software is not free software, it just doesn't cost any money.

EULA wrote: Subject to the restrictions set forth below, this Agreement grants You a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to download, install and use one (1) copy of the specified version of Google Software in object code format, for internal purposes only. You may install and use one (1) copy of Google Software on a single personal computer running a general purpose consumer operating system and that does not operate as a server on a network.

You understand and agree that you will not use the software for any illegal purposes.

Export Restrictions. You may not export or re-export: (i) Google Software without the prior written consent of Google; and (ii) Google Software without complying with applicable export control laws and obtaining any necessary permits and licenses.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!