Oh, the poor dear.

Story: Void Linux: A Salute to Old-School LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
jdixon

Oct 28, 2017
10:12 AM EDT
A live X session, but no graphical installer is old school? For his own sake, I hope no one tells him about Slackware.
penguinist

Oct 28, 2017
11:47 AM EDT
Yes that is rather funny.

The real power of Linux lies in the command line and its powerful scripting/automation/customization capabilities. I wouldn't put these things in the category of "old school". The ability to access _all_ the capabilities of your system from a command line and script level gives users a level of power that must be experienced to be appreciated.

The guis are pretty, and many things can be done with a click, but when you need to do the same thing 10,000 times I would challenge you to find a better solution than "new school" Linux.

If you are a Windows user who is getting tired of the repetition, it might be time for you to break loose and do an upgrade to Linux.
flufferbeer

Oct 29, 2017
1:34 AM EDT
@penguinista,

>> If you are a Windows user who is getting tired of the repetition, it might be time for you to break loose and do an upgrade to Linux.

Seems to me that if you are STILL a Losedoze user, then you probably shouldn't upgrade to Slackware or t this Void Linux as the distro of first choice!

2c

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!