Site down? repeteadly over the past two weeks -- off and on....

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
Quake_Sinatra

Jul 18, 2020
5:01 PM EDT
Hope all is well folks! miss my fix when i am stuck in my house and all other sites are shite ;)
gus3

Jul 18, 2020
5:14 PM EDT
Cloudflare has been having DNS issues, and it's affecting lots of sites.
bverheg

Aug 14, 2020
12:05 PM EDT
One month later and this site is still repeatedly down and up. I doubt that it is due to Cloudflare DNS issues, as I'm having this problem with this site only. What's more, there seems to be a pattern: down in the morning, and coming up in the late afternoon (CET).
jdixon

Aug 15, 2020
6:23 PM EDT
Yeah, the site has been down quite a bit lately. No idea what might be going on though.
bob

Aug 22, 2020
10:10 AM EDT
LXer has been the target of a denial of service exploit over the past two weeks.

The positive outcome of this experience is that we now have strengthened defenses against the type of exploit that was employed.
nmset

Aug 22, 2020
10:36 AM EDT
Why should LXer be the subject of a DOS attack ? It's quite inoffensive and neutral. This kind of attack is usually targeted against worldwide large sites of political and/or financial nature.
bob

Aug 22, 2020
1:49 PM EDT
Yes it makes no rational sense.

Some people just enjoy hurting others it would seem. The world is filled with those who would build and those who would destroy.
gus3

Aug 22, 2020
7:36 PM EDT
Could there be another domain on the same host that might be the intended target?

(*Do not* answer that; it's only for bob to look into.)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!