It Can Be Any Kind Of Linux You Want

Story: This Linux distro could be the solution for anyone jumping ship from WindowsTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 15, 2024
2:16 AM EDT
I started out getting old computers from goodwill and garage sales and other places a long time ago. I'd take them apart, figure out which ones were savable and put the good sound cards, video cards, HD's and such I had back into them to make them usable again and then installed the current version of PCLinuxOS or Linux Mint on them each and every time.

I never had an issue even once.

Every computer I installed them on was a Frankenstein of hardware from other computers and Linux recognized the hardware every single time. After I was done I gave the computers away to someone who couldn't afford a computer of their own. I lost count of many I gave away. I had a lot of fun and learned so much along the way, it's amazing. I helped the people I gave them too learn about their new systems, got them up and running and bang! They were on their way. A new Linux user out in the wild.

Doing that pointed me towards discovering LXer on the internet one day (twenty years ago) and that eventually led me to having the position I have now as Editor-in-Chief of this great website. Playing Tetris with PC’s in my living room transformed into a labour of love, what I now write and edit about and what I want to do for the rest of my life..I’m in love.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!