Document Freedom Day 2011
"In cooperation with the Dutch Digital heritage Foundation and the Club
for History and ICT, we will be celebrating Document Freedom Day 2011 in
Royal Library (National Library for the Netherlands) in The Hague this year on March 30th. The theme for this event will be "Open Heritage". The importance of information and open formats is in this branche very well known, because of broad availability, openness of information and endurable access.
We will have speakers from the world of digital heritage and open (document) standards, like for example:
- Piet-Hein Minnecré from the Dutch Program bureau Netherlands Open in Connection, about the upcoming ODF 1.2 standard, Dutch ODF user group for local governments.
- Cor Nouws from Document Foundation/ Libreoffice about how open is "open"?
- Jeffrey van der Hoeven from the Royal Library about digital preservation
- Bram Wiercx from FARO (Flemish cultural heritage foundation) about their collective access project
- René Stipriaan from DBNL Digital Library for the Dutch Literature about E-reading and E-pubs
- Geert Wissink will talk about the digital collection Netherlands in Europeana
Presentations will be filmed and if speakers agree they will be put online afterwards.
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.