PacketFence v3.0 Released
Open source software company Inverse released the version 3.0 of PacketFence - a fully-featured network access control (NAC) solution running on Linux.
PacketFence provides an impressive list of supported features. Among them, there are :
PacketFence v3.0 boosts major improvements in guests management - allowing everyone to easily bring their own devices on your network. Guests accounts can be self-provisioned by email or SMS and bulk creations or imports of guests is now supported. PacketFence's captive portal was redesigned to provide a much more modern user interface. PacketFence can now also be deployed inline - allowing the solution to secure accesses for unmanageable equipment. The new ZEN ("Zero Effort NAC") virtual appliance uses the inline mode by default and can be deployed in minutes within your network! RADIUS accounting is now also supported allowing PacketFence to track device bandwidth usage.
- Registration of network components through a captive portal
- Automatic isolation, if desired, of unwanted devices such as Apple iPod, Sony PlayStation, wireless access points and more
- Instant stopping of computer worms or virus propagation
- Blocking of attacks on your servers or other network components
- Compliance for computers present on your network (software installed, particular configurations, etc.)
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.