I'm proud to announce the release of Dream Studio 12.04. This new version features many updates including GIMP 2.8, an Ubuntu 12.04 base, a new default wallpaper, and a handy introduction slideshow for new users. Dream Studio uses a lowlatency-pae linux kernel, supporting both x86 and amd64 systems with up to 64GB of RAM.
Read the official release announcement here
Have a great weekend!
Dream Studio 12.04 Official Release
DickMacInnis.com is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Dream Studio 12.04, the latest version of our popular multimedia content creation suite. 12.04 is the best Dream Studio ever, featuring graphic design and photography tools, composition and audio editing applications, and programs for video editing, script-writing, and physical media authoring.
Some of the features Dream Studio users have come to know and love:
- A full desktop operating system based on Ubuntu, for unprecedented security, stability, portability, and ease of use.
- Graphic design tools such as Inkscape for vector graphics, and GIMP for painting and photo retouching.
- Photography apps like the aforementioned GIMP for professional retouching, RawTherapee for RAW photo editing, Darktable for workflow and developing, and Luminance for HDR photography.
- Audio recording software like Ardour, hundreds of effects plugins and virtual instruments, and DJ tools such as Mixxx , SooperLooper, and Xwax.
- Blender for 3D image modeling, animation, and video editing. Dream Studio also includes luxrender and yafaray.
- Cinelerra for video editing and compositing.
- The GIMP Animation Package for frame-by-frame video retouching.
- Kompozer (a WYSIWYG web page editor), Scribus (a desktop publishing app), and Bombono (a DVD authoring program).
Dream Studio 12.04 also adds to this list the following improvements:
- Gimp 2.8, featuring the new single window interface.
- Sozi - an inkscape extension for creating svg animations (can be used with any browser supporting html5)
- Ubuntu 12.04 as a system base, for 5 year support
- a new semi-rolling release schedule, giving users the latest versions of multimedia sofware with the most up-to-date feature set, while maintaining a stable base during the entire LTS cycle. Now you don't need to upgrade your entire OS every six months just to get the latest version of Ardour, GIMP, or Blender.
- an all new look, featuring a wallpaper that changes with the time of day (based on "Stripe" by hyperdude111)