GeoBases, data services and visualization
This project provides tools to play with geographical data. But it also works with non-geographical data!
There are embedded data sources in the project, but you can easily play with your own data in addition to the available ones. After data loading, you can:
- performs various types of queries ( find this key, or find keys with this property)
- fuzzy searches based on string distance ( find things roughly named like this)
- phonetic searches (find things sounding like this)
- geographical searches ( find things next to this place)
- get results on a map, or export it as csv data, or as a Python object
This is entirely written in Python. The core part is a Python package, but there is a command line tool as well!
After installation, you can do things like this:
$ cat data.csv | GeoBase --map
$ GeoBase --base airports --fuzzy "san francisko" # typo here :)
We are currently gathering input from the community to define the next version features, so do not hesitate to open issues on the github page.
Summary of useful links:
 site: http://opentraveldata.github.com/geobases/
 github page: https://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases
 API doc: http://readthedocs.org/docs/geobases/
 wiki: http://github.com/opentraveldata/geobases/wiki/_pages
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.