Review: Xandros Desktop Management Server
The Xandros Desktop Management Server, xDMS is an attempt to fill the void between the roll-your-own Linux shops and the prohibitively expensive Enterprise offerings from the likes of IBM et al. Xandros has tied together its Xandros Desktop OS with a server based management system, that promises the following...
100% Graphical ? [sic] Goodbye Command-line…
The point-and-click graphical tools in xDMS enable departmental desktop administrators to perform sophisticated tasks with minimal training and technical expertise:
* Set up software repositories from multiple sources
* Manage software inventories from the xDMS console
* Establish managed groups of networked PCs
* Create custom configurations according to departmental needs
* Take snapshots of "golden PC" configurations
* Perform remote, unattended OS installs and updates
* Schedule remote program execution
* View task schedules and the progress of running tasks
* Manage and change system configurations from a central location
Read More @ Linuxtimes.net
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.