Citadel: open source groupware ... today.
Why wait? Citadel delivers all of your favorite groupware features plus much more today, not a year from now.
There's been a lot of buzz this week about open source groupware, and a lot of people believe that there is a void in this space -- that the open source world needs a standalone, feature-rich open source groupware server. But did you know that one already exists? The Citadel project has been diligently working on such a server for years now, and a mature, stable, functional implementation exists today.
Perhaps the Citadel project just has a PR problem, because nobody seems to know that it exists. That's where LXer comes in. :) Thanks to this community, we have a place to trumpet a little, and let the world know that you can download a server program today (not a year from now) that has many of the "Exchange killer" features you've been looking for:
- A complete, standalone server -- no need to cobble everything together yourself
- Email (SMTP, IMAP, POP)
- Group calendaring and scheduling
- Contact lists
- Task lists
- Web-based access to all of the above through an intuitive, attractive web frontend
- Access to mail, calendars, etc. using GroupDAV-enabled clients such as upcoming versions of Kontact and Evolution
- Built-in instant messenger service
- Multiple domain support
- Federated server support for wide horizontal scalability
- Bulletin board service
- Easy to install
Perhaps this sounds more like an advertisement, or a press release, than a piece of news. But it's important to remember that the Citadel project is staffed entirely by volunteers -- there is no corporate backing. So we felt that the good people of LXer can help us get the word out that this very capable system exists. Give it a look ... www.citadel.org
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.