Another slip in the FC6 schedule
... we decided to respin the release candidate tree and push the release date out another couple of days... We're planning to release on Thursday Oct 19th.
Over the weekend we ran into a few more bugs with Fedora Core 6 that we
decided were important enough to fix. There were some multilib compose
issues (wrong packages landing in the wrong dirs), some translation files
that would cause tracebacks in things like anaconda (whoops), and a
fedora-release package that forgot to enable updates (double whoops). For
these reasons and a few others, we decided to respin the release candidate
tree and push the release date out another couple of days.
The current plan is to spin a release candidate this evening with some last
minute fixes, and start the sync. Validation has gone very well up to this
point and baring any blow ups in the spin process, the release looks very
solid. We're planning to release on Thursday Oct 19th. This should give the
mirrors enough days to sync up. If things blow up horribly and we have to
spin again tomorrow, depending on what time we have to respin we may slip
until next week, as releasing on Fridays or Mondays gets you the wrath of the
mirror admins (:
I want to thank you all for playing along and helping us to make FC6 the best
This topic does not have any threads posted yet!
You cannot post until you login.