My Comments as Posted to the UK Cabinet Office Standards Hub (now it's your turn)

Posted by Andy_Updegrove on Feb 25, 2014 7:41 PM EDT
ConsortiumInfo.org Standards Blog; By Andy Updegrove
Mail this story
Print this story

The comments on the UK Cabinet Office Standards policy are coming in thick, fast, and overwhelmingly in support of ODF over OOXML.

Last week I highlighted the fact that Microsoft was urging its business partners to comment at the British Cabinet Office's Standards Hub on a standards-related proposal. That proposal would limit government procurement to office software that complied with the ISO ODF standard, but makes no mention of the ISO OOXML standard promoted by Microsoft. I also noted that anyone could comment on the proposal, and that the deadline for comments would close on February 26, Greenwich time. I closed by urging readers to let their opinions on the subject be heard.

Having so urged, I could hardly forego offering my own comments as well, and now I have done exactly that. What follows is the text I uploaded there, and perhaps it will help motivate you to contribute as well if you have not already done so.

Full Story

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: News Story

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Huh ? Francy 4 1,219 Feb 26, 2014 1:07 PM

You cannot post until you login.