Gmail invitations for LXers

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 25
Author Content
dave

Sep 23, 2004
10:48 AM EDT
I have 3 gmail invitations and I'm happy to give them to any LXer who wants them. First come first serve!

dave
peragrin

Sep 23, 2004
11:23 AM EDT
Sure I am tempted by Gmail. Just to see if it will be worth it.

Falconr@juno.com
yacolinux

Sep 23, 2004
11:56 AM EDT
Hi, thanks, I would like to try it too.

[yacolinux@yahoo.com.ar]
techieMoe

Sep 23, 2004
12:18 PM EDT
I have 6 as well. It seems they regenerate daily.
Void_Main

Sep 23, 2004
1:44 PM EDT
Heh heh, I stumbled across something very creepy in my Google search for gmail:

http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/
professor

Sep 23, 2004
2:48 PM EDT
i got invites.... Need them dave?
techieMoe

Sep 24, 2004
5:46 AM EDT
I read the website you cited, Void_Main. Although their message may be valid, the whole site comes across as too "let's all get our tinfoil caps on quick" for my taste. I happen to like GMail, and I read their privacy policy thoroughly before joining. I have no reason not to trust Google at this point. If they should start doing unscrupulous things in the future, I may revisit that, but for now all gloom and doom scenarios to me are unfounded.
dave

Sep 24, 2004
6:20 AM EDT
professor, thanks for the offer. I have one more left and will give it to anyone who asks. I guess anybody could email you directly (by clicking on your username) if they want to take you up on the offer.

Gmail is a pretty cool thing for people who currently use Hotmail and such-like. For me, it's nothing more than a toy, but I can see its value.

dave
Void_Main

Sep 24, 2004
8:21 AM EDT
techiMoe, I didn't mean to imply I agreed with anything on the site. I just found it interesting that it existed and I still haven't quite figured out what it's message is. :) The only reason I found it is because I searched for "gmail" wanting to know what this gmail conversation was about and whether or not I would be interested in Dave's offer. I "think" we are talking about "Google Mail". Is this correct?
dave

Sep 24, 2004
8:49 AM EDT
Quoting:I "think" we are talking about "Google Mail". Is this correct?

Yes.
techieMoe

Sep 24, 2004
9:09 AM EDT
Sorry, Void_Main, I didn't mean to imply that you supported the views on the site, I was just mentioning my impression of the content. But, as I mentioned before, I'm quite happy with GMail at them moment.
Void_Main

Sep 24, 2004
11:08 AM EDT
Quoting:Yes.

Looks like you are starting to implement UBB like codes? I just noticed you quoting text and I assume this is something you are just starting to implement. I noticed trying to do nested quotes sort of makes the page hang when trying to preview it and it doesn't seem to allow parameters yet. Do you want us using it yet? Back on topic, was there an article on this Google Mail thing? Sorry if I missed it. I assume it's by invitation only?
TxtEdMacs

Sep 24, 2004
1:11 PM EDT
Regarding nested quoting: I used it in one of my comments using perl type syntax: I used the backslash prior to the quote I wanted to retain - the outer pair and they appeared as simple quotes.
dave

Sep 24, 2004
1:43 PM EDT
I never tested nested quotes... this feature was actually added an eternity ago but I never really used it. I run a lot of sites on this same code here, so a feature I program for someone else automatically gets put into LXer. :)

dave
Irenicus

Sep 25, 2004
1:19 AM EDT
I'd appreciate an invite, if any are left :D
dave

Sep 25, 2004
4:30 AM EDT
Irenicus, email me at whitinger@gmail.com and ask for the invite, and I'll invite you as a reply.

dave
Irenicus

Sep 25, 2004
11:28 AM EDT
Email sent. Thanks a bunch, Dave :D
friend9_999

Oct 11, 2004
6:44 AM EDT
HI Friends,

Iam great admirer of Google, I was happy to see Google launching email serivice by gmail, But was sad that could not get any invitations of that. I would be greatfull and happy if anyone sends me the invitation of gmail. You can send the invitation to my email :- friend9_999@yahoo.com

Thanks friends !!!....
Trevelyan

Oct 17, 2004
3:03 PM EDT
I have been reading (watching, looking at?) LXer for a couple months now, after a friend pointed me to it. But I have to admit that I only registered so I could reply to this thread.

If any one has any free, I'd love an invite to gmail.

I would email the two people mention here that have some, directly, but I feel it may too late in the game as it were, and so inappropriate

(Shouldn't 'LXer' be added to your spell checker's lexicon?)
timapee

Oct 17, 2004
11:01 PM EDT
dopes anyone have any gmail invites if so sould i have one plz. timapee@hotmail.com
sKIDROw

Oct 19, 2004
2:56 AM EDT
timapee:

There you are... ;)
mariuz

Oct 19, 2004
4:20 AM EDT
a good way to use the gmail invites

http://sfx.uphaar.info/gmail/

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=node&from=6
derko

Oct 20, 2004
1:40 AM EDT
i m looking for a gmail invite ... anyone got a spare one for me?

dunckan@hotmail.com

thanks!
jmings

Nov 10, 2004
1:05 PM EDT
One problem with this format of requesting gmail invites is not knowing who recieved them.

If you still want a gmail invite then e-mail me at jmingsATgmailDOTcom you should be able to figure out how to substitute the capitolized words for their symbols :)
MESMERIC

Jan 25, 2005
4:49 PM EDT
I got 6 and a paypal account let the bidding begin!

(hehe just joking! :P )
BWF89

Feb 17, 2005
3:51 PM EDT
What server is GMail hosted on?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!