Let me know when they push 1.0 out the door.

Story: Mozilla 1.0 First Release CandidateTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Oct 28, 2004
10:17 AM EDT
Not being snide, but I am running 1.0 PR right now along with Mozilla 1.7.3 in another session. The odd thing is that there were complaints about how FF renders slashdot incorrectly whereas I see Mozilla (table (?)) areas overlapping adjacent text. On the contrary, FF seems to handle it perfectly.

My only problem with FF is that sometimes all my running instances will disappear just by hitting some key/button/whatever that had not given me problems previously in FF. This has happened on several sites, but I have not seen Mozilla have the same problem.
peragrin

Oct 28, 2004
12:47 PM EDT
Not sure about key combo, but I have hit ctrl-q several times when I want ctrl-w to close tabs.

ctrl-q is quit.
TxtEdMacs

Oct 28, 2004
3:04 PM EDT
peragrin: The first time I noticed that really something was wrong - was when I just hit the vote button on the LXer site. Another instance was trying to go to audio on the BBC. I am sure there was another site too, but I remember neither the site name nor what seemed to have triggered the disappearing act.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!