still impressed

Story: Linspire's Robertson embraces Windows MediaTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
mojavelinux

Nov 21, 2004
10:45 AM EDT
I will tell you, I am still impressed with Linspire, and believe me, I am very critical of Linux distributions because I want Linux to be the best it can be. Less than a week after the Firefox 1.0 release, Linspire had the new version in the Click and Run warehouse for download, something you rarely see from the other major players who prefer to hold out on newer versions of software to encourage a dist-upgrade. Not only did Linspire make Firefox available, but they actually allowed it to replace the "Linspire Internet Suite" as the default application. I was glad to see Linspire put effort into making Firefox available without delay.

Also, after many months of frustration of not being able to watch the Apprentice out-takes on Yahoo media because of server side blocking of Mozilla...I can finally report that under Linspire I am watching them right now. This was an effort both on the mplayer-plugin team that enabled the decoding of the WMA files and the Linspire marketing team to get Yahoo to stop blocking mozilla. Kudos Linspire! You are making a difference.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!